11th Pathfinder Company (Provisional)
1. Situation. It’s time to prepare for the 2016 Fort Benning reunion.
2. Mission. Plan to be there and have fun.
a. Concept of operation. Coordination is ongoing with Ft. Benning and the reunion dates are set for 3-6 May 2016. This is about four months earlier than last year, but the weather should be good (we had big time weather problems in 2015) and the dates don’t conflict with spring vacation or Easter (27 March).
(1) Tuesday 3 May -- Check in at motel and start the party – or you can show up on Monday 2 May (14 rooms available). Pizza and wings delivered for supper.
(2) Wednesday 4 May -- AM visit either the Army Marksmanship Unit (you can shoot) or the Simulation Center (you can shoot electrons). Which one we visit is TBD. Lunch at Main PX food court. PM visit Infantry Museum. Optional tour of restored WW II company area at 1400. Dinner on your own.
(3) Thursday 5 May –- AM depart by van and POV for Infantry Museum. Guests of honor at AIT/BCT graduation parade at Soldier field. After parade visit the Vietnam Wall to honor our KIAs and visit museum and gift shop. Next move to Airborne School dining facility for lunch. After lunch move to Pathfinder School to meet and BS with the Pathfinder class, and then move to training area to re-qualify on the 34’ tower. Buffet dinner at the motel with guest speaker that night.
(4) Friday 3 May –- Depart by van and POV for Pathfinder School for graduation ceremony (time TBD). Pin on badges. Return to motel and depart. Note: There is no Basic Airborne Course graduation that day.
c. Coordinating instructions. Uniform is definitely casual, but shirt and shoes required for all events at Ft. Benning. Black hats with wings preferred, but not required gear.
4. Administration and Logistics.
a. Billeting. The Quality Inn in Phenix City (same location as last eight years) is now the Clarion Inn and Suites. Address is 1700 US Highway 280 Bypass, Phenix City, AL, 36867. Phone is 334-298-9321. Call the motel direct but don’t ask for reservations – they’ll transfer you to Clarion Inn central reservations that don’t know anything about our arrangements. Instead, tell the clerk you’re with the “Pathfinder Reunion” group. Rate is $55/$60 per night plus tax with a full free breakfast. Check in PM Tuesday 3 May – checkout Friday 6 May. Of course you can arrive 2 May and stay longer. Block of rooms and rate is good until 2 May 2016. Make reservations ASAP to lock in room and rate.
b. Reunion is mostly a bachelor party, but wives/significant others and adult kids have attended past reunions and had a great time. All are welcome.
5. Command and Signal.
a. Please forward this to any Blackhats you know that are not on the address list.
b. COL Gillem will arrive at the motel PM 2 May. Please submit questions on the electronic form located on the CONTACT Page.